Click to enlarge
The Seigneurie de Saveilles predates the construction of the castle.
The first mention of this name that we know, is found in the founding article of the priory of Our Lady of CHATEAU-LARCHER, near Vivonne, south of Poitiers, by EBBON, qualified Count of Poitou and Duke of Guyenne, son of Adelaide de France, daughter of King Louis le Begue, Ode, his wife, and Achard, his son. The foundation of this priory dates from the year 969 (Cartulary of St Cyprien of Poitiers).
Castle in north-Charente, Saveilles combines the characteristics of the castle with those of the plaisance castle, and stands since the 14th century near the village of Paizay-Naudouin (Charente), at the crossroads of Charente, Charente-Maritime and Deux-Sèvres, halfway between Niort and Angoulême,
The fourteenth, sixteenth and nineteenth centuries live side by side.
You will be able to discover and admire the exteriors, surrounded by moats in water, including two main houses arranged at right angles with a tower at their end.
It is a square set, isolated from the mainland by large moats filled with water and supported by walls. It is reached by two fixed stone bridges, which since the Revolution have replaced the south drawbridge and the swing bridge with two arches to the north, formerly defending access to the castle.
The entrance courtyard includes a long building of common and corner towers.
- To discover and admire the exterior of the chateau and its chapel, free visit or guided tour by the owner himself;
- To take note and participate in the program of events that will take place during this year;
- To see or review the various events that took place in Saveilles: the media library is open to you;
- To enjoy your stay or your visit to Saveilles in discovering the many local activities at your disposal;
- To stay several days in one of our three homes near the castle.
- To inform you about the Chateau Saveilles, castle in North Charente, its history, its activities, its appointments, its meetings;
- To know how and when to visit;
- To exchange with Chateau Saveilles, classified as a historical monument (ISMH);
- To share your comments, stories or suggestions and come visit us;
- To organize an event within the framework of the Chateau;
- To rent one of our three homes for a holiday with friends or family, .., ...
For an information, a suggestion, an event organization, a stay for holidays, ...
For a guided tour for your group, your association or your family or friends